As of August 6, 2012 US Pacific Time, this concert has been postponed to a later date per the organizers. An official letter of apology will be shared by SBS. For further information, please visit: Absolute K-Pop on Facebook.
Please note that CNBLUEStorm did not have direct involvement with the management and organization of this event. Please direct all questions to the organizers.
The projects that were rushed to be put in place in time for this event did in fact go on.
For the donation drive, we raised a total of $334 USD ($322.95 after Paypal fees). Due to the turnaround of printing to the supposed date of the event, we have already used some of these funds for the fan chant guides, fan signs, and some of the supplies. We are still intending to use these materials at a later concert or event. The photos that have been submitted with the DaJukJa signs are still going to be used for a project to be delivered to CNBLUE at a later date.
Donors will still be recognized and be entered to a special draw for a prize, and will be announced shortly! Winners of our fan chant contest will still receive their blish!
Thank you to everyone who participated in this project!
The best gift we can give to CNBLUE is our love and support during their performances. SBS KPop Super Concert is a gathering for them to gain more fans in the international market, and to have their music heard among people who may have never heard them before. BOICE is encouraged to come together to support CNBLUE. With fans of other artists watching nearby, we would like to show our unity for CNBLUE. We will be able to do this successfully by doing cheering events at the concert itself, during CNBLUE’s performance.
Because of this, as part of our involvement in the SBS KPop Super Concert, we will be opening a donation drive to help us with the costs of cheering materials and the memorabilia gift to CNBLUE. We will also be holding two contests for all CNBLUE fans. Please see below for details.
We are fundraising to help offset the costs of materials and similar expenses for the cheering project. You can make donations via Paypal using this Cheers for CNBLUE link or the following donate button:
Those who donate $10 or more will be entered into a drawing for special CNBLUE prizes (i.e. albums, posters, etc). Prizes still TBD.
All donors will receive a thank-you postcard, similar to the postcard giveaway at the concert.
Cheers for CNBLUE
- CNBLUESTORM and Code Azzurro are planning to hand out mini cheering banners/fansigns at the concert site. These will be given away to concert attendees who like CNBLUE. We will be waving these fan signs when CNBLUE takes the stage at the concert.
- CNBLUESTORM will also be giving away fan chant brochures, containing the official fanchants for “I Am A Loner” and “Love” and the winning international fan chants for “Hey You” and “In My Head” from our BOICE Chant contest
- CNBLUESTORM will also be printing postcards (5×7 size) with our new banner image and will be giving these away as souvenir items at the concert site, so attendees who receive can remember CNBLUE long after the concert is over.
Capture The Cheer
As a memorabilia gift for CNBLUE, we will have a “Capture The Cheer” Album Project. At the concert site, BOICE attendees will take photos using either Fuji Instax or Polaroid 300 cameras while holding up Da-Juk-Ja signs (please see sign below). When the photos have printed, BOICE will be writing their notes to CNBLUE on the picture borders. We will then collect these and put in an album to give to CNBLUE.
We are not forgetting the cheers of the Global BOICE community for CNBLUE. So, we will also be opening photo submissions from BOICE all over the world. We will be printing these as wallet-sized photos and will include in the album to be given to CNBLUE. Here’s how you can participate:
- Print the Da-Juk-Ja sign from here >> PDF | JPG
- Take a photo of yourself (i.e. group photos and solo photos allowed) holding up the Da-Juk-Ja sign
- Send your photos and message (Please limit to 200 characters, 30 words) to email@example.com. Please include “Capture the Cheer Project – Global” in the subject line. Please also let us know your name/nickname/alias as well as your country.
- CNBLUESTORM staff will take your photos and include your message in a similar template as the Polaroid 300/Instax printout format
Deadline for photo submissions will be: August 3rd, 11:59 PM Korea Time
ENDED!!! BOICE Pep Squad – Chant Making Contest for “Hey You” and “In My Head”
- RESULTS: BOICE are invited to make their own fan chant for “Hey You” and “In My Head”
- Unfortunately, we didn’t receive many entries, so we didn’t do the poll anymore. CNBStorm found that the two entries we received were of great quality already so we will be using both entries instead. The two entrants will each receive a CNBLUE blish! Congratulations!!
- The winners for the fanchant contest are:
- CallMeDeimos (Zaki A) for “Hey You”
- ItsMeRidj (Ridj O) for “In My Head”
- Please use the romanized lyrics found in these posts when creating your fan chant:
- As a guide, here are the official fan chants for the following:Submit your fan chant to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Pep Squad: Fan Chant for CNBLUE (Song Title(e.g. In My Head))” in the subject line.
- CNBLUESTORM will post outstanding entries on its Facebook Photo Album and also on the site. Then, a poll would be conducted for the best fan chants for each of Hey You and In My Head.
- Deadline for fan chant entries will be: August 1st, 11:59 PM Korea Time
- CNBLUESTORM staff will decide finalists as entries come in.
- Poll will be conducted beginning August 2nd 8 AM Korea Time through August 3rd, 11:59 PM Korea Time
- Winners will be announced August 5th. Winning entries will be included in the brochure to be distributed at the concert. It will be posted on CNBLUEStorm as well for use in future concerts.
- Winners will each receive official CNBLUE blish (cheering towel).
- Finalists will also receive CNBLUESTORM’s official SBS Kpop Super Concert postcard and CNBLUEStorm 2012 mini-calendar
Thank you in advance for your support!!